Monday 13 June 2011

Late Evening in June...
























It is sometimes said that we are confronted by our own images as we are by our own mortality. Somehow the two seem to go together as we assume that we look the way the times we live dictate our countenance.
This portrait, taken by my dear friend Adam King, speaks the truth about who I am and what I look like, as well as my two children. I was never one given to the facile smile, there was never a "Say Cheese" moment for me, ever since I can remember being confronted by the infernal machine of truthful rendition.
Thus, while looking at this reflection of my own face I must say in all honesty that the furious gaze is all me, even while in my heart I am nothing but a pussycat. Life's full of contradictions, that's all I can say.

No comments:

Early Evening Walk