Sunday 5 June 2011

Between Tunja and Duitama, Boyacá, Colombia 1975














































In 1975 I travelled to Colombia for the first time after having moved to Canada in 1973. The trip was a revelation since it was the first time I was able to travel freely to places I have never visited before. The time spent going around my own country gave me an amazing insight into the beauty of a marvellous place. 
Noteworthy among many was the discovery of Boyacá, the land of my maternal grandmother. Travel by land was the best way to discover the country and this image was taken as I had been sleeping while going from Bogota to the beautiful land of my ancestry. 
I opened my eyes coming out of the slumber in the moving inward kaleidoscope and on the opposite seat  there they were; touched by a beautiful light as the landscape rolls indifferent out in the real world. 
The camera tries to see what the young man dreams. The light his only witness to those dreams. This time for real.

No comments:

Early Evening Walk