Thursday 23 February 2012

Ghost Line

As we drift through life, as I have for the best part of 39 years carrying a camera with me, there are memories locked away in old negatives, at the bottom of boxes, or simply lost forever because they were forgotten or given away at one time or another.
This is the case relating to this image which I took many years ago, judging by the taxi year-model, and also because the photograph has already acquired the look of old things on paper, as they become somehow important by the sheer weight of age, almost museum-like.
In any event, this image goes here and has become part of my inventory of life. I was there once, seems to be one reason to have shot an image for posterity.
I saw it and felt attracted to it, seems to be a secondary reason, both equally valid.

No comments:

Early Evening Walk