Friday 20 August 2021

Photographic Memories of my Mother

This image shows my mother as she was the last week I lived in Colombia at the beginning of August of the year 2000. She was seventy eight years old and I photographed her in our house in San Fernando, Cali, before I embarked to live in England in the long journey that has lasted 21 years. Little did I know this would be the last time I would ever see her. The evocative power of the photographic image brings her back to my eyes once again. 


This photograph was taken in the summer of 1992 when she came to San Francisco to receive into this world her other American granddaughter, Paula Catalina, my brother Beto's only child. 

My mother was 70 years old at the time and the differences with the portrait above are quite evident.

No comments:

Early Evening Walk