Wednesday 3 February 2021

I Love to Have my Portrait Taken...



 As far as I can remember, in my life I have probably smiled for a picture or two, tops. So it is no surprise that my young children have inherited this trait. I have always kept a stolid countenance, my face showing no more than it is normal to show: the front of my soul. 

Many times when I have photographed my young I have tried to tell them what so many people in my life have told me under similar circumstances: smile.

These two shots illustrate my point. Maybe they were having a terrible morning (can't recall), perhaps they felt put-upon. Or I pulled them away from a game they were playing in the garden. The point is that these images have a great deal more character than they potentially would have even if they had shown two wonderful children's smiles for the camera.

No comments:

Early Evening Walk