Friday 25 August 2017

Fuego en el Veintitrés... (San Francisco, CA 1984)



Having just moved to san Francisco CA, in April 1984 I was awakened every single night by the constant sound of fire engines' sirens. This created a bit of concern because it happened every night and it was more poignant because we had just moved from Cali, Colombia, where sirens were few and far between.
A few weeks after arrival there was a fire across the street right on Divisadero Street and Fulton at about midnight. 
Having this event so close to home I didn't even have to get out of my pyjamas, so I got my Hassie, always loaded, and pushed open the little toilet window on the side of the apartment, and voila! 
What you see is what you get. Back to bed because tomorrow was another day and had to be on the job by eight o'clock. 

No comments:

Early Evening Walk