Monday 21 November 2016

Leaving San Francisco, Ca 1988


Early on in 1988 having reached a bit of an impasse in my life I decided to pursue new frontiers. This time my destiny (such foolishness) was San Sebastian, the Basque Country, in Northern Spain. But before getting there I had to go to Paris to see the sights and settle an old account, if you know what I mean.
Anyway, the night before going away a group of my co-workers from Faulkner Color Lab held a gathering at Herbie Greene's house up on the hill. They presented me with this going-away present: a T-shirt repeating my old mantra at the time. That was the scene.
This old polaroid image is all that is left from that evening and whilst reviewing it a flood of memories comes back of a quasi-magical time in that extraordinary town with some unforgettable friends.

No comments:

Early Evening Walk